Tuesday, October 30, 2012

29 Years = More Books

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. Celebrated with family during the weekend, they are such a rich blessing. My wife said this is my "Golden Birthday" since I turned 29 on October 29th.  Also, 29 is a prime number, so this birthday is a force to be reckoned with. My children spoiled me rotten and bought me a stack of books for my birthday. Top to bottom of the stack . . .

The Miami Indians of Indiana: A Persistent People, 1654 - 1994 by Stewart Rafert.

Evolution and Conversion: Dialogues on the Origins of Culture by Rene Girard with Pierpaolo Antonello and Joao Cezar de Castro Rocha.

The Liberated Imagination: Thinking Christianly About the Arts by Leland Ryken.

The Presbyterian Hymnal: Hymns, Psalms, and Spiritual Songs 

Scripture's Doctrine and Theology's Bible: How the New Testament Shapes Christian Dogmatics edited by Markus Bockmuehl and Alan J. Torrance.

Jesus Through the Centuries: His Place in the History of Culture by Jaroslav Pelikan.

Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis by Timothy Egan.

Where the Lightning Strikes: The Lives of American Indian Sacred Places by Peter Nabokov. 




1 comment:

  1. i've read the miami indians one. happy birthday again! love you.

    ReplyDelete